Tuesday 8 February 2011

It's Good To Talk

I love adverts (commercials). I love clever adverts, not the annoying ones like 'Go Compare' or that really annoying 'Webuyanycar.com' one either, I mean the ones like 'Comparethemeerkat.com' or the new 'Yell'/'Yellow Pages' one with the modern day J R Hartley. My favourites though are the ones that tell a story, like the Nescafe ones where the woman met the guy and the romance blossomed or even the BT adds where the story has continued now to them expecting a child together. I liked the old BT adds too, the 'It's good to talk' ones; "Oh so you have an 'ology' now..." always made me giggle and think "ooh thats gonna be me soon".
Oh how times have changed but these sentiments are still true today.




I still believe that 'It's good to talk' even though I am partial to keeping alot of things to myself however I did find it difficult to deal with things because I had all this pent up frustration and I didn't think anyone was listening to me. That is until I started emailing a friend, a friend I never knew I had until we emailed each other one day after I broke down in front of him and spilled everything I was feeling. We emailed back and forth for several months, he became my mentor and a good friend and he saved me from the black hole I was falling into at the time.
I changed things in my life instead of emptying it. I organised things around my life instead of organising my life around other commitments or things I could never have thought of getting out of before and all because I talked to someone who was able to see that it wasnt that no one was listening to me, it was that I wasn't talking to anyone and I am a much better and stronger person because of my email friend and for that I am eternally greatful. I will never be able to repay him for his help and his patience and I only wish there were more people in the world like him, so if he happens to be reading this blog...thank you, I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you.

No comments: